To find Job Calls quickly on your mobile device, SCROLL DOWN. If you are using a desktop computer or tablet, go to the Dispatch tab and select Job Calls.
Topics of interest for our members:
COVID-19/STAY SAFE AND HEALTHYBelow is the link to the FAQ (frequently asked questions) for benefits that may be available to those that dont feel comfortable going to work.
IBEW LOCAL 617 DISPATCH INFORMATION:The Dispatch Office will be CLOSED on Monday, August 10. Job Calls received Friday will be posted Friday, for a Tuesday, August 11th Show-up.
To Sign-in on the Out of Work List, email: email@example.com If you have Signed-in previously, just include your Name, last 4 of your SSN, Card number Local Union.
When there is a Job Call while in-person dispatch is temporarily suspended:
Check Job calls regularly on the 617 website for Dispatch information. When a Job Call is requested, register for the call by email, with name, book number and phone number between 7:30-8:00am at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you don't have access, Call (650) 740-1600 (last resort) for Phone Dispatch in Book order starting as soon as practical.
IBEW LOCAL 617 BUSINESS REPRESENTATIVES:
Matt Davey-Assistant Business Manager (650) 222-7959
Joe Fitzgerald-Assistant Business Manager (650) 436-2308
Mark Henry-Dispatcher (650) 740-1600
Chuck Vella-S&C Representative (650) 222-4083
Abe Talakai-Membership Development (650) 436-9545
Steven Booker-Registrar/Assistant Dispatcher (650) 245-8017
RESOURCES FOR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT & WELL BEING:
California State Mental Health Line:
*press 2 for COVID-19 emotional support
24-Hour Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
800.273.8255 or TEXT 838255
San Mateo County Prevention Lifeline:
24-Hour Domestic Violence Hotline:
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ
IBEW LOCAL 617 HAS ADOPTED THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR MEMBERS & STAFF:
We hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy during these unprecedented ever- changing times. In March, the IBEW LU 617 Union Hall was forced to change our business operations in response to the shelter-in-place mandated for San Mateo County in an effort to help slow the spread of Covid-19 (Coronavirus). Our number one priority was and continues to be, the health and well-being of our members, staff, all of our families and the community.
The San Mateo County Health Policy and Planning department has required social distancing protocols and measures that the Local must implement before opening for business, which in turn will drastically change the day-to-day operations and interactions at the Union Hall that we are all accustomed to.
Effective July 6th 2020, the staff will be available in the office Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM. While the staff is
available, we encourage members to conduct ALL Union business by phone or email as our doors will remain
closed so that we can maintain proper Covid-19 protocols. If an office visit is necessary, it is strongly
encouraged that you call the Union Hall to make an in-office appointment.
• We encourage members to conduct ALL front counter Union business by phone or by email; this includes paying membership dues over the phone with a credit card or debit card.
• Dispatch will continue to be done online; this includes re-sign and signing the Out-of-Work-List. For questions regarding dispatch, please contact Mark Henry at (650) 740-1600. All of this information can be found on our website at www.ibew617.com.
• All portability will continue to be done online via Matt Davey. For questions regarding portability, please contact Matt Davey at (650) 222-7959.
• All merchandise purchases are suspended until further notice.
• If an office visit is absolutely necessary, it is strongly encouraged that you call the Union Hall in advance to make an in-office appointment with either a Business Rep or an Admin.
• Local 617 has limited the number of members and visitors to the Union Hall and will only be allowing one (1) member/visitor inside the building at a time. This is to allow for safe social distancing and for the Administrative staff to thoroughly sanitize and disinfect the common front office area before and after each person to conduct front counter business.
• All members/visitors to the Union Hall will be required to wear a face mask properly covering their nose and mouth prior to entering. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you by the Admin staff.
• All members/visitors to the Union Hall will be provided and required to complete a health checklist form prior to entering.
• All IBEW 617 public restrooms will be closed.
Local 617 will continue to follow CDC, the WHO, OSHA and State and Local government guidelines. While there is a light at the end of the tunnel, we also know there is long road ahead of us before things return to any resemblance of “normal”. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Thank you and stay well.
IBEW LOCAL 617 WAGE INCREASE EFFECTIVE JUNE ,1, 2020:
You were previously notified that the Inside Wire $5.00 increase effective June 1st 2020 will be applied as follows:
$3.00 per hour allocated to Wages
$1.50 per hour allocated to Pension
$.50 per hour allocated to Health & Welfare
However, please note that the $0.50 per hour allocated to Health & Welfare is to be dispersed as follows:
$0.20 per hour allocated to Health & Welfare
$0.30 per hour allocated to the member's Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
We apologize for any confusion. As a reminder, your HRA is a reimbursement account offered as part of your benefits package to aid you in funding your eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses. Please visit the IBEW LU 617 website at www.ibew617.com under the Benefit's tab, for an HRA Overview, HRA Questions and Answers, a list of Eligible Reimbursement Items and HRA related Claim Forms.
David M. Mauro
IBEW LOCAL 617 HEALTH & WELLNESS SECTION:
IBEW/NECA “Soda Free Summer” Challenge for 2020!
We all know that soda is not good for our health and the health of our children. This summer we challenge you to “kick the can” with a
“Soda Free Summer” challenge!
Have each person in your family download and complete the “Soda Free Summer” pledge form and track your days soda free. Earn raffle tickets for prizes based on the number of days you are soda free! Prizes include movie tickets and iTune cards.
Make a commitment this summer as a family to embrace this healthy change!
Have fun finding new and tasty beverages to drink together!
The challenge runs June through July.
Click on the link to download the https://baysport.com/IBEW617/Soda-Free-Summer.pdf
Contact Denise Brown at email@example.com with questions or concerns.
Wellness Program Flyer for 2020
Food & Exercise Journal
Health Club Directory for 2020Paused